The congress will bring together over 400 global influencers and innovators to share knowledge, debate the challenges faced by our cities, encourage out of the box thinking and inspire a worldwide call for action in order to develop smarter and more sustainable cities.
Generating synergies with the issues that matter
- Governance: City-to-city cooperation, commons, cooperation platforms, data maturity, e-democracy, e-government, engagement, multilevel governance, open data, open government, open innovation, policy framework, public-public cooperation, public services, service integration, transparency.
- Mobility: Connected & self-driving vehicle, cycling, electric vehicle, freight, logistics optimization, integration platforms, intelligent transport systems, mobility as a service, multimodal transport system, non-motorized mobility, parking, pedestrian strategy, policy framework, public transport, real-time data, shared transportation, sustainable urban mobility, traffic management, transport hubs, transportation networks, walkable.
- Safe Cities: Cybersecurity, data protection and privacy, disaster recovery, emergencies, legislation, public safety, regulation, resilience, risk management, security technologies, surveillance.
- Economy: Accountability, new business model, cooperation model, entrepreneurship, development, financing, investing, public procurement, produsage, public-private-people partnership, public value, shared value, sharing economy, social economy, startup, user value.
- Sustainability: Air pollution, alternative resources, climate change, energy, geoinformation, green areas, green building, intelligent building systems, greenhouse gas emissions, housing, lighting, low carbon, open space, population growth, public space, regeneration, regional development, renewable energy, rural development, rural grids, smart grids, strategic planning, urban design, urban planning and development, urban farming, urban furniture, utilities, water management, waste management, zero carbon.
- Circular Economy: Blue economy, business model, closed loop, design for circularity, eco-design, food, green industry, industrial symbiosis, job creation, low carbon, logistic for circularity, material flow, packaging, plastics, product as service, productive cities, re-cycling, regenerative system, refurbish, remanufacturing, resource efficiency, re-use, repair, supply chain, textile, urban mining, zero waste.
- Society: Ageing population, cocity, co-creation, co-production, culture, digital divide, education, e-health, e-learning, empowerment, equity, gender, health, inclusive, inequality, knowledge, living labs, participation, population growth, quality of life, right to the city, social innovation, social services, wellbeing.
- Data & Technology: Advanced analytics, big data, block chain, business intelligence, cloud, city platform, computer networking, data center, data management, data visualization, digital modelling, disruptive technologies, distributed architectures, drones, geoinformation, hardware development, information technology, infrastructure development, internet, interoperability, network infrastructure, robotics, sensors & connectivity, service integration, software development, telecommunications.